Diversity & Inclusion Abroad-Racial & Ethnic Minority Students Abroad: This brief article includes advice, important points to consider and some questions to ask before going abroad.
Race and Ethnicity Abroad: Written for Michigan State students considering study abroad, but also includes information of general interest.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Students Studying Abroad information from the U-M Office of Financial Aid
- U-M Center for Human Growth & Development-The Minority Health and Health Disparities International Research Training (MHIRT) Program (U-M students only. There are also MHIRT programs through other universities)
- Institute of International Education (IIE) Gilman Scholarship
- Boren Awards for International Study (consult the U-M Campus representative for advice)
- Fulbright, Rotary, and other major international scholarships
International Careers and Internships
See Work Abroad for detailed information, but a few options that may be of particular interest include:
- International career and internship opportunities offered by many U.S. government departments and agencies