home | study, work, travel | work abroad | um-based programs | miisp | application process
MIISP Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the Michigan International Internship & Service Program (MIISP). MIISP is offered annually. Applications are available at the beginning of each academic year with a deadline in early October.
2012-2013 MIISP Program Schedule &
Expectations for MIISP Participants
- Participants are expected to attend all MIISP workshops and relevant events as detailed on the MIISP Schedule and Timeline .
- While abroad, participants are expected to maintain a blog that highlights their activities, observations, and discoveries including the impact that their experiences have had on them.
- Returned participants are expected to participate in post-internship/service project activities during the Fall semester which may include attending a feedback session, presenting at a poster fair, and helping to prepare the workshops for the next cohort.
- Participants are expected to put forth effort to find an international internship or service project and funding. While MIISP staff are able to help and point people in the right direction, it is the responsibility of the participant to take action, including doing background research, applying, corresponding with the internship program, etc.
2013-2014 MIISP Application Deadline: Early October 2013.
How to Apply
- Be sure to read over the FAQs, the section on Expectations for MIISP Participants above, as well as the MIISP Schedule and Timeline to determine whether you'd be a good match for the program.
- Attend the MIISP Informational Meeting to find out more about the program & hear from past participants. (optional)
- Fill out and submit the MIISP Application – application due in early October!
Questions? Contact MIISP-Admins@umich.edu
Last reviewed: 02/13