Please read OPT STEM Extension on the International Center's website for a detailed explanation of the STEM OPT application process before completing the request form.
Eligibility Criteria for the OPT STEM extension:
- Students who have already been approved for 12 months of post-completion OPT; and
- Who have earned a degree in a field included on the U.S. Government's list of qualifying Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields; and
- Who are employed in or have a job offer for a job directly related to his/her field of study; and
- Who are working for or have a job offer from an employer that is enrolled in the U.S. Government's E-Verify program; and
- Be within 90 days of their post-completion OPT end date
Please Note: All of the above criteria must be met for a student to be eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
I-20 processing time is 5-10 business days.