home | study, work, travel | health & safety | um travel registry
U-M Travel Registry
The U-M travel registry is a registration system via Wolverine Access that allows you to record your travel itinerary and contact information. Both the University and the traveler’s authorized family and friends have access to the travel information. The registry is an important resource during an emergency as it fosters communications and provides information about traveler location and health insurance.
Why should I register my travel?
- Emergency communication
- The registry helps the University find and contact you in case of an emergency
- The registry helps you stay in contact with the University and get urgent safety, health, and security-related information
- Health Insurance
- Convenient communications
- Travelers can easily access their itineraries and communicate travel plans
- Organizes travel information
- Access emergency contact information and summary of trip details using mobile app
Who must register?
- Students participating in a University of Michigan sponsored abroad program
- A student traveling for academic credit or any other U-M associated purpose to a country where a U.S. State Department Travel Warning is in effect, requiring a signed wavier
- Faculty or students leading groups that include other students
Note: Schools, colleges and other University units may have additional travel registration requirements. Please check with your department for more information.
Please see the University of Michigan Travel Policy for more information.
For more detailed information about the travel registry, see Global Michigan.
Last reviewed: 02/13