Health Insurance

If you are an F-1 or J-1 international student or a J-1 scholar whose Form I-20 or DS-2019 was issued by the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), you are required to have health insurance coverage for yourself and any F-2 or J-2 dependents while at the University of Michigan. Health insurance coverage is coordinated through the U-M International Center. For contact information and office hours, see U-M International Center Health Insurance Office Hours.

This section provides the following information on the U-M health insurance requirement and the U-M International Student/Scholar Health Insurance (IHI) Plan: