The IC Global Wolverines is a program for undergraduate students who are interested in doing an internship or service project abroad during the summer. The aim of the program is to prepare students for their international experience through workshops that take place over the course of the Winter semester.
Apply now: http://bit.ly/2exD8Y8
Benefits of the program:
- International Health Insurance (Paid for by the International Center)
- Professional assistance identifying international opportunities
- Leadership opportunities
- Eligibility for U-M Funding
- Preferential hiring at U-M International Center
- Digital Badge
- ...and more! Please note, students are not guaranteed an internship or service placement through this program. The IC Global Wolverines administration works hard to identify suitable programs for each student, but does not do placements and cannot guarantee placements.
Winter Semester: The cohort will meet once a month to cover important pre-departure topics and will be required to attend additional workshops/events as determined by the International Center staff. The first cohort meeting will take place the week of January 23.
Summer: Participants who've completed the requirements of the program and have received their HTH health insurance, will be expected to blog at least three times over the summer.
Returning Fall Semester: Returnees will need to attend the returnee/reflection session and will present a short presentation about their international experiences.
Restricted to U-M Ann Arbor undergraduate students only. Participants should be returning to U-M for at least one semester after their summer abroad.
No cost. Successful participation in the program will result in the International Center purchasing participant's international health insurance.
Dates & Deadlines
Application deadline: January 18, 2017
Because IC Global Wolverines enables you to select your own internship, the dates you are abroad will depend on the internship secured. Post-internship/project activities occur in the Fall semester after return.