Do you have a great photo from your experience at U-M, the state of Michigan, or another country? The International Center invites U-M international and U.S. students to participate in our 2018 Photo Contest!
Winning photos will be displayed in the 2018 Global Photo Showcase, and the first place prize at the showcase will be awarded a $150 travel voucher from STA Travel! Winning photos will also be used for the International Center’s website, social media, digital signage, or future event promotion material.
Ideas for photos include nature (flowers, landscapes, seasons, sunset, trees, wildlife), culture* (friends, family, lifestyle, weddings, friends), and/or architecture (buildings, bridges, cityscapes, interiors). You can even include a photo of a memorable experience you’ve had at U-M or abroad!
*If your photos include people, please make sure that those people gave consent to getting their photo taken.
- Eligibility: Must be a current international or U.S. student (undergraduate and graduate students are eligible).
- Photos: The photo must be your original work. Digitally altered, black/white, sepia, duotone, and panoramic photos will not be accepted. Submit photo electronically in JPEG format. Winning photos will be enlarged, so please consider the resolution and ratio of your photo. Each photo must be accompanied by a title and a 40~50 word description of the event, situation, and location. You may submit only one photo and the photo must have been taken in 2017 or 2018.
- Deadline: Monday, October 8, 2018, 5:00 PM. Submit your photo using this online form. You can upload your photo directly onto the Google Form.
- Permission: In submitting a photo, you are granting the IC royalty-free permission to use, reproduce, and distribute your photo(s) in displays related to the contest, future printed and electronic publications, fundraising and promotional materials, and the right to use your name and home country when giving credit to the photographer.
- Judging and Prizes: Submitted photos will be judged by our International Center Student Council. Photos will be judged on subject matter, composition, technical quality, creativity, and originality. Winners will be notified by Friday, October 19. Winning photos will be enlarged and displayed at the International Educators Global Photo Showcase on Monday, November 12 from 5:30 - 7:30 PM at North Quad Space 2435. The first place prize at the showcase will be awarded a $150 travel voucher.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Center’s Global Engagement and Education Abroad (GEEA) team at email@example.com.