Do you have a great photo from your experience at U-M, the state of Michigan, or another country? The International Center invites U-M international and U.S. students to participate in our 2019 Photo Contest!
Winning photos will be displayed in the 2019 Global Photo Showcase, and where we will vote on the winners across campus. Prizes include U-M travel suitcases, Apple AirPods, and more! Winning photos will also be used for the International Center’s website, social media, digital signage, or future event promotion material.
Ideas for photos include nature (flowers, landscapes, seasons, sunset, trees, wildlife), culture* (friends, family, lifestyle, weddings, friends), and/or architecture (buildings, bridges, cityscapes, interiors). You can even include a photo of a memorable experience you’ve had at U-M or abroad!
*If your photos include people, please make sure that those people gave consent to getting their photo taken.
- Eligibility: Must be a current international or U.S. student (undergraduate and graduate students are eligible).
- Photos: The photo must be your original work. Submit photo electronically in JPEG format. Winning photos will be enlarged, so please consider the resolution and ratio of your photo. Each photo must be accompanied by a 40~50 word description of the event, situation, and location. You may submit only 1 photo and the photo must have been taken in 2018 or 2019. Additional photo requirements can be found in the online form (link in next section). Please follow the requirements!
- Deadline: Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 5:00 PM. Submit your photo using this online form. You can upload your photo directly onto the form.
- Permission: In submitting a photo, you are granting the IC permission to use, reproduce, and distribute your photo in displays related to the contest, future printed and electronic publications, fundraising and promotional materials, and the right to use your name and home country when giving credit to the photographer.
- Judging: Submitted photos will be judged by the International Center. Photos will be judged on subject matter, quality, creativity, originality, and respect for local culture. Winners will be notified by Wednesday, October 23. Winning photos will be enlarged and displayed at the Global Photo Showcase on Tuesday, November 19 from 5:30 - 7:00 PM at North Quad Space 2435.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Center’s Global Engagement and Education Abroad (GEEA) team at email@example.com.