Do you have a great photo from your experience at U-M, the state of Michigan, traveling around the U.S., or from your home country? The International Center invites current U-M international students and scholars to participate in our 2022 Photo Contest!
Contest winners will:
- Have their photos enlarged, printed, and displayed at the university-wide 2022 Global Photo Showcase.
- Have their photos featured on the International Center’s website, social media, digital signage, or future event promotion material.
- The top 3 winners will receive U-M merchandise prizes!
The 2022 Global Photo Showcase is a university-wide photo gallery event that will be held during International Education week on Monday, November 14. Winning photos from other U-M departmental global photo competitions across campus will be on display for a final competition. Attendees at the Global Photo Showcase will vote for their favorite images, and winners will receive prizes including U-M travel suitcases, Apple AirPods, and more!
Ideas for photo submissions include:
- Nature (flowers, landscapes, seasons, sunsets, trees, wildlife)
- Culture* (friends, family, lifestyle, weddings)
- Architecture (buildings, bridges, cityscapes, interiors)
*If your photo includes people, please ensure that those people gave consent to having their photo taken.
- Eligibility: Must be a current University of Michigan international student or scholar (undergraduate and graduate students are eligible).
- Photos: The photo must be your original work. Submit the photo electronically in JPEG format. Winning photos will be enlarged, so please consider the resolution and ratio of your photo. Each photo must be accompanied by a title and a 40~50 word description of the event, situation, and location. You may submit only 1 photo and the photo must have been taken during your time at U-M as a student or scholar. Additional photo requirements can be found in the online form (link in next section). Please follow the requirements!
- Deadline: Friday, October 14, 2022, 5:00 PM. Submit your photo using this online form. You can upload your photo directly onto the form.
- Permission: In submitting a photo, you are granting the IC royalty-free permission to use, reproduce, and distribute your photo(s) in displays related to the contest, future printed and electronic publications, fundraising and promotional materials, and the right to use your name and home country when giving credit to the photographer.
- Judging: Submitted photos will be judged by the International Center. Photos will be judged on subject matter, quality, creativity, originality, and respect for local culture. Winning photos will be enlarged and displayed at the Global Photo Showcase during International Education Week in November 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Center’s Global Engagement and Education Abroad (GEEA) team at firstname.lastname@example.org.