The University of Michigan International Center photo contest is open to international students, scholars, faculty & staff affiliated with the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. The top 10 photographs will be used for the International Center’s website, social media, digital signage, or future event promotion material.
The International Center is looking for photographs that capture the global engagement experience. Submitted photos should illustrate a theme of global engagement in the United States but outside the classroom setting. Some examples might include photos of cultural, social, or sporting events with a global theme or photos illustrating activities such as conversation groups, community service activities, etc., again with a global theme. Your creativity is welcome – just be sure that you can explain how your photo relates to the global engagement theme!
Rules of Entry
- Entrants must be current international students, scholars, or faculty or staff members.
- You may submit one (1) photo, and the photo must have been taken in 2016.
- Photos must be your original work. Digitally altered photos are not accepted. Black/white, sepia, and duotone images are also not accepted.
- Submit your photo using this online form by Tuesday, November 1st, 2016 at midnight.
- Photos must be at least 300 DPI. JPG, PNG, and TIFF are preferred file formats.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a 40~50 word description of the event, situation, and location, and an explanation of why you feel it reflects the global engagement theme.
- Entries must be received by the deadline of Tuesday, November 1st, 2016 at midnight.
Photos will be judged on subject matter, composition, technical quality, creativity, and originality. Photographs will be judged in two rounds. In the first round, the top photographs will be selected by a judging panel consisting of members of the International Center Student Council (ICSC). In the second round, the photographs selected from the first round will be posted on the International Center’s Facebook page, where they will be voted upon. Winners will be notified by Friday, November 11.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Center’s Global Engagement and Education Abroad (GEEA) team at email@example.com.