The University’s central source for all COVID-19 information, including information about COVID-19 vaccination, is the Campus Maize and Blueprint website. It is updated frequently and is an excellent source of current information.
Is COVID-19 vaccination required for entry to the U.S.?
- COVID-19 vaccination is not required for entry to the U.S. However, in order to board a plane for the U.S. you must have evidence of a negative COVID-19 test taken within the 3 days before your flight to the U.S. departs. This test is required even if you are fully vaccinated. More information is at Campus Maize and Blueprint.
Does U-M require COVID-19 vaccination?
- Vaccination is strongly recommended, but not required for students attending U-M with one exception: U-M students choosing to live in Ann Arbor on-campus housing during the Fall 2021 term will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. U-M Housing has posted information for international students who are unable to receive one of the recognized vaccines by July 16, 2021. Students in this situation should still complete their Housing application by their deadline if they are interested in living in on-campus housing, and should wait for more information from U-M Housing.
- In addition to COVID-19 vaccination, other vaccinations are also recommended for U-M students. Learn more by reading this information from University Health Service.
- For the purpose of meeting U-M COVID-19 policies and quarantine and isolation requirements, the university recognizes vaccines that are authorized for use in the United States by the U.S. Food and Drug Act and the World Health Organization (look for the COVID-19 vaccine EUL issued list).
How can I receive COVID-19 vaccination on or near the Ann Arbor campus?
- There are many opportunities to receive COVID-19 vaccination now and COVID-19 vaccination will also be available for students arriving for the Fall Term. For detailed information, read Getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
- This page will be updated later this summer to include information specifically for new students arriving for the Fall Term.
Last Updated: 05/14/2021