- Vaccinations are not required by the U.S. government or by the University of Michigan.
- U-M does have a vaccination-reporting requirement for students living in Michigan Housing on the Ann Arbor campus.
- Students living in Michigan Housing on the Ann Arbor campus are required to submit records of their COVID-19 vaccination(s) and other routine immunizations.
- Students who are unvaccinated, or unable to provide records, are required to submit an attestation.
- Use Wolverine Access to submit your vaccination information or your attestation.
- See U-M Health Response for detailed information about these requirements.
- There is no U.S. government or U-M requirement for a physical exam prior to entering the U.S. or arriving on campus
The following are recommendations to protect your health and the health of others. These are recommendations, not U-M or U.S government requirements.
- University Health Service (UHS) has information about recommended immunizations. The cost of immunizations may be covered by your health insurance.
- UHS also recommends that new students arrange for a physical exam with their home health care provider before coming to campus.
Last Updated: 12/15/2023