How can my spouse/child under 21 join me in the U.S. as my J-2 dependent?

To obtain J-2 DS-2019 documents for your spouse and/or minor children under 21 years, please download and complete the appropriate request form for J-1 Scholars. Once you have submitted the form and necessary documents as listed on the request form, we will issue DS-2019 form(s) for your spouse/children to obtain J-2 status. Then, your family member will need to apply for and obtain the J-2 visa to enter the U.S. (except Canadians) as your dependent. Your family will need official proof of your family ties, such as birth/marriage certificate.