How do I start the green card process?

If you are interested in obtaining a green card sponsored by the University of Michigan, you should speak with your department. You must hold a permanent position at U-M to qualify for U-M sponsorship. Sponsorship of a green card application is at the discretion of your unit. To formally start the green card process, your department must submit the PR Process Authorization Form (if you have teaching duties or hold a Research Faculty position) or the Retained Counsel Request Form (for all other positions). Note that the outcome of any green card application cannot be guaranteed.