Pictured: 2016-2017 IC Global Wolverines proudly displaying the countries in which they interned over the summer.
The IC Global Wolverines is a program for undergraduate students who are interested in doing an internship or service project abroad during the summer. The aim of the program is to prepare students for their international experience through workshops that take place over the course of the Winter semester.
Apply now: http://bit.ly/2exD8Y8
Benefits of the program:
- International Health Insurance (Paid for by the International Center if not already provided by your U-M program)
- Professional assistance identifying international opportunities
- Opportunity to take the Intercultural Development Inventory assessment
- Leadership opportunities
- Eligibility for U-M Funding
- Preferential hiring at U-M International Center
- ...and more! Please note, students are not guaranteed an internship or service placement through this program. The IC Global Wolverines administration works hard to identify suitable programs for each student, but does not do placements and cannot guarantee placements.
Winter Semester: The cohort will meet once a month to cover important pre-departure topics and may be required to attend additional workshops/events as determined by the International Center staff. Winter 2019 dates and times will be announced in September. ICGW participants are also expected to participate in the Intercultural Development Inventory initiative at U-M and will be required to take the IDI pre-test during the Winter term.
Summer: Participants who've completed the requirements of the program and have received their GeoBlue health insurance, will be expected to blog at least three times over the summer.
Returning Fall Semester: Returnees will attend the returnee/reflection sessions and will present a short presentation about their international experiences. Returnees will also be expected to take the IDI post-test during the Fall term following their global experience.
Restricted to U-M Ann Arbor undergraduate students only. Participants should be returning to U-M for at least one semester after their summer abroad.
No cost. Successful participation in the program will result in the International Center purchasing participant's international health insurance.
Dates & Deadlines
Application deadline: Sunday, December 16, 2018
Because IC Global Wolverines enables you to select your own internship, the dates you are abroad will depend on the internship secured. Post-internship/project activities occur in the Fall semester after return.