This form allows the International Center to adjust or end your F-1 SEVIS record because you are leaving the University of Michigan and the US temporarily or permanently. It is also recommended that you review the following document: Departure/Transfer-Out Checklist.
- If you are leaving U-M temporarily (excluding summer vacation), or you are withdrawing from U-M, we recommend that you meet with an International Student Advisor before you submit this form online.
- If you are graduating from U-M, and your I-20 has not expired yet, submit this form online; you do not need to see an advisor.
- If you are on post-completion OPT or STEM OPT and leaving the U.S., and you will not return to continue your OPT, submit this form online; you do not need to see an advisor.
- If you are on the UM International Health Insurance plan, your insurance will end at the end of the month that your SEVIS record ends.
- Do NOT submit this form, if you plan to transfer your F-1 status to another academic institution in the US. You should complete the transfer-out process and meet with International Student Advisor instead.