BUNAC is the most popular work abroad program for students and recent graduates. The application process is not competitive and students do not need to apply far in advance. All programs charge a work permit fee. Participants are responsible for finding their own work and housing. Program dates range from year round to summer only.
BUNAC Work Permit Locations
- Australia (12 months maximum duration)
- Ireland (12 month maximum duration)
- New Zealand (12 month maximum duration)
- Intern in Britain (6 months) – more information below
* Note that some of these work permits have age limitations!
Interning in Britain
BUNAC offers an Intern in Britain program for students. The permit offered through the program is for paid and unpaid internships for up to 6 months. Internships must be secured before applying for the permit and must comply with the UK National Minimum Wage Legislation. Most BUNAC programs require student or recent graduate status. See the BUNAC website for more eligibility details.