U.S. Tax Residency Quick Check

You can answer these questions for a “quick check” of your residency for U.S. federal tax purposes.

If the result is that you are a nonresident for U.S. tax purposes, you can use GLACIER Tax Prep to prepare your taxes free of charge as long as you have a UM/Ann Arbor uniqname and password. When you start using GLACIER Tax Prep, it will ask you additional questions for a more thorough check to confirm your tax residency.

If the result is that you are a U.S. tax resident, you cannot use Glacier Tax Prep. See the tax resident section of the International Center website and Tax Assistance for more information.