Glacier Tax Prep Tax Assistance
Glacier Tax Prep, which is tax software for nonresidents, has several options for tax assistance, including FAQs, tutorial videos, information about virtual sessions with tax professionals, and a link that allows you to email your tax questions to the Glacier Support Center.
Tax Information Sessions
- This webinar took place on March 21 and 22, 2023.
- Webinar handouts are available
Virtual Federal Tax Information Session (UM/Ann Arbor uniqname and password required)
- A recording of the session presented by Arctic International (the Glacier Tax Prep Company) on Monday, February 6, 2023
Sprintax Tax Webinars
These webinars are presented by Sprintax, the tax software available to U-M students and scholars for state tax returns. Please note that Glacier Tax Prep is still the tax software available free of charge to U-M/Ann Arbor international students and scholars for federal tax form preparation, but you may find these webinars useful for their explanation of tax filing requirements, including who must file, tax residency, FICA, and state returns.
- Designed for domestic students but would also apply to international students who are tax residents.
- If you are unsure about your tax residency, please review these Resources for Determining Tax Residency
United Way of Washtenaw County Tax Assistance
- Free in person service for people living in Washtenaw County who earned less than $60,000 in 2022
- Appointment required: https://www.uwwashtenaw.org/free-tax-preparation
- Probably most useful for tax residents. May not be familiar with nonresident tax returns.
- GLACIER Tax Prep tax return preparation software program. (Available free of charge if you have a UM/Ann Arbor uniqname and password)
- Tips for Choosing a Tax Preparer (information from the IRS)
- Need someone to prepare your tax return? (information from the IRS)
- US Tax Guide for Foreign Nationals (commercial site)
- Internal Revenue Service
Reviewed and updated April, 2023