Work Permit Programs

Work permit programs can work one of two ways:

  1. They enable you to get a work permit in advance and then look for a job on site, and in some cases may also help you locate a job.
  2. They provide you with a work permit after you secure a position.

Check individual programs for details.

    BUNAC offers work permit services for current students or recent college graduates in Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. BUNAC is also able to secure work authorization for students who have secured internships in Britain.
  • IENA
    IENA offers work permit services for current students or recent college graduates in Canada, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. This program is available to U.S. citizens only.
  • Work & Travel Ireland (A division of USIT Ireland)
    This program includes 4 month and 12 month work permit options in Ireland as well as the first night's housing and a comprehensive orientation.
  • U.S.-Ireland Working Holiday Visa
    This program allows U.S. students and recent graduates (within 12 months) to spend up to 12 months working and traveling in Ireland. Applications should be submitted to the Irish Embassy or consulate
  • Cultural Vistas/IAESTE
    Program provides domestic and international students/ graduates work permits for several countries only after they have a job offer. Program permit lengths vary up to 18 months. Contact IAESTE directly for specific country details.
  • American-Scandinavian Foundation
    Offers work authorization services for students who have arranged for an internship and housing in several Scandinavian countries.
  • Cultural Vistas: Independent Work Abroad in Germany
    Cultural Vistas provides work authorization for students enrolled at U.S. universities and colleges (graduating seniors may also apply). Participants must find their own host companies and negotiate the terms of employment. Apply at least six weeks prior to your desired start date.
  • French-American Chamber of Commerce (FACC)
    The FACC offers work permit services for students or recent graduates (ages 18-35) who have secured a short-term job offer in France. Permits are valid for up to 18 months. The program is restricted to U.S. citizens.
  • SWAP Working Holidays
    SWAP offers Canadian citizens (current students and recent graduates) short term work permits for Australia, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand and the UK.