Any UM undergraduate student with sophomore status or higher is eligible to apply for the Peace Corps Prep program. In order to fulfill the requirements of the certificate, students will need to meet the following requirements:
- Complete two semesters of language courses (requirement varies by language)
- Complete three approved intercultural competence courses
- Complete a resume review and interview prep
- Take part in at least one leadership development activity
- Complete three courses related to the Peace Corps work sector that you are interested in
- Spend 50+ hours volunteering in a field related to your chosen work sector
For more information, please see the student guide.
While the Peace Corps Prep program can be completed by any student that meets the above requirements, it is important to note that Peace Corps applicants must have US citizenship.
Applications are due September 30th (fall semester) or January 31 (winter semester) and can be accessed and submitted on MCompass. After you have submitted your application, you will hear from a PC Prep coordinator to schedule an advising appointment. All applicants are encouraged to attend an orientation, which will be held once a semester.