Transferring to Another U.S. Higher Education Institution

Due to COVID-19, all requests may be submitted by emailing the required documents to

If you plan to transfer to another school or attend another school after your U-M graduation, the International Center needs to transfer your immigration record. You will need to schedule an appointment with an U-M International Center advisor to discuss the transfer-out process.

Before you schedule your appointment with a U-M International Center advisor, please complete the following checklists and forms: