Forms for F-1 Students

Academic Advisor Recommendation for I-20/DS-2019 Extension

This form is to be filled out by an academic advisor who is recommending that a student be issued an extension I-20 or DS-2019.

Affidavit of Financial Resources

Each individual contributing financially to the named student's education must complete the Affidavit of Financial Resources.

Financial Resources Statement

This form must accompany certain I-20 or DS-2019 request forms. It is used to certify sufficient funding for the issuance of a new I-20 or DS-2019. Documentation of funding must be submitted with the financial resources statement.

Health Insurance Temporary Absence Waiver Request Form

This form is used to request a waiver of the mandatory insurance because you will be outside the US for at least three entire calendar months.

International Health Insurance Plan Change Form

This form is used to request changes to your existing U-M International Student/Scholar Health Insurance coverage, such as a change to the coverage end date, the addition of a dependent, etc.

International Health Insurance Plan Continuation Enrollment Form

This form is used by international students and scholars who would like to continue their U-M International Student/Scholar Health Insurance Plan coverage, but are no longer eligible for the plan because their status as a U-M F-1 student or J-1 student or scholar has ended. Use this form to request up to three months of continued coverage.

LSA Undergraduate Cross-Campus Transfer Request for F-1 Student

This form is used by Undergraduate LSA students who have received approval from the LSA Advising Center to transfer from another UM school to LSA and need an I-20 to reflect the new academic program. This I-20 must be obtained before beginning study in LSA.

Severe Economic Hardship Request for F-1 Student

This form is used to request recommendation for severe economic hardship employment authorization.

Social Security Letter for F-1 Student

This letter is used by F-1 students who have secured on-campus employment and need to verify employment and student status in order to apply for a social security number. Please read Getting a Social Security Number and Card.