Due to U-M travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 virus, the PDO events in India have been cancelled for 2020. We are looking at alternative ways to support our incoming students during the summer and hope to hold these events in 2021. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Michigan (U-M) International Center is excited to meet incoming international students during one of our Pre-Departure Orientation Programs in India! These free events will be in New Delhi (June 5) and Mumbai (June 7) and are open to incoming U-M students who are coming from India. You will receive an email invitation to both your personal and umich email account if you are eligible to attend.
To sign up for an orientation event, admitted students must have paid their enrollment deposit and/or have an issued I-20 from the University of Michigan. Students must also set up and their U-M uniqname and password to register. Students can only attend one Pre-Departure Orientation event. More detailed information about each event is provided on the registration page.
|Students are allowed to bring one guest with them to their event|
|All events will be spoken in English, but student volunteers who speak local languages will be available on site|
The Indian Pre-Departure Orientations are designed to help students and their family members gain valuable information about the University of Michigan, which will include, but is not limited to:
- Traveling to the United States
- Immigration/Visa Information
- Health Insurance and Wellness Services
- Housing Information
- Banking Information
- Cultural Adjustment Tips
- Tips for Academic Success
- Job/Internship information
These Pre-Departure Orientation events are an optional addition to the orientation requirement for new students:
- Graduate Students: You will still have orientation requirements through your program of study. Contact your department for more information. You should also sign up for a mandatory immigration check-in through the International Center in August 2020. The International Center also hosts an International Student Orientation for all new graduate international students. The dates for 2020 are August 10-28.
- Undergraduate Students: International undergraduate students should still sign up for International Undergraduate Student Orientation through the Office of New Student Programs. International Student Orientation for freshmen runs August 24-28, 2020.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in New Delhi or Mumbai!