If You Are Not Eligible for U-M International Student/Scholar Health Insurance (IHI)

If you are not an F-1 student or a J-1 student or scholar with an I-20 (F-1 students) or a DS-2019 (J-1 students and scholars) issued by the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), you are not eligible for the U-M IHI Plan. However, you are eligible for the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan. Although this plan is called the “domestic student” plan, international students and scholars who are not eligible for the IHI plan are eligible for this plan. If you have a sponsor (Fulbright, for example), you should also contact your sponsor to learn about insurance provided by your sponsor.