- If you visit the doctor or the hospital, you may be asked to show your insurance card.
- Blue Care Network (BCN) will mail your insurance card to you. Your virtual ID card will also be available on the BCN website or through their mobile app as soon as you register for your member account. Search BCBSM in the App Store or in Google Play to download the app.
- Registering for your member account: all international students and scholars enrolled in the BCN plan receive an email from email@example.com with an insurance ID (enrollee ID). Follow the instructions in that email to create your BCN member account.
- If you recently arrived at U-M, your virtual insurance card may not be available on the BCN website until about two weeks after you complete your International Center check-in.
- You can use the temporary insurance certificate you received at your check-in until your virtual ID card is available or until you receive your insurance card in the mail.
- If the doctor or hospital has questions about your coverage, they can call the insurance company using the phone number on the temporary insurance certificate. If you are not yet in the insurance company’s records, call the U-M International Center Health Insurance Office at 734.647.2303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
U-M International Student/Scholar Health Insurance (IHI) Card
Effective September 1, 2019, the U-M International Student/Scholar Health Insurance Plan will change insurance companies from Aetna Student Health to Blue Care Network (BCN). For information about the new plan, see the 2019-20 International Plan Overview.